Forum Launched!

Visit The Calvinist Café reformed Baptist forum and web portal at www.thecalvinistcafe.org.
To learn how to install e-book files to your device, click here.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Introduction

I'm new to blogging -- in fact, this is my first blog post -- so please bear with me.  The purpose of this blog is to provide free ebooks to indviduals for their own reading and edification.  The works posted here come from old out-of-copyright texts, and they have been arranged and compiled into e-book format by me.  I attempt to convert these into at least 3 ebook formats, including epub, mobi and pdf.  I only ask that, if you spot any typos, misspellings or other errors that you notify me so that I can make the needed corrections.

I recently purchased an ebook reader, the new Sony e-Reader (PRS-T1).  I was reluctant to try out an electronic reader, as I genuinely love books.  I was impressed with the convenience and portability of electronic books; however, I was not impressed with other features.  I quickly learned, for example, that the price of an electronic book is sometimes greater than the paperback equivalent.  I also discovered that some of the ebooks available for purchase were done cheaply and formatted poorly, so as to render them unusable and to certainly not justify the cost.  I quickly learned that I could compile my own ebooks, generally with better results than in ebooks that I had paid for from some of the Christian ebook vendors.

My goal, in providing these to the Christian community, is to offer books that I have found particularly helpful and edifying.  In many cases, these are books that I have read and re-read and will plan to read again.  Life is short, and we need time to address our responsibilities, maintain an active prayer life and study the Scriptures.  For many of us, that means that our time for elective, extra-biblical reading is limited. What I'm trying to say at this point is that I'll do my best to post only worthwhile reads.  Of course, that has much to do with my opinion about which books are "worthwhile,"; however, I'll rely upon the opinion of Christians, alive and dead, to guide my selections.  Hopefully the price of FREE will remove any disputation before it begins.  Soli Deo Gloria!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all these resources you are providing! I feel so blessed by them. To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, and I hope that many find them a blessing. I haven't had much time in the past couple of months to contribute to the blog, though I hope to add more resources in the near future.

    ReplyDelete